Our employees are very important to us. They are our greatest asset and they tend to stay with us. We provide the opportunity for educated and motivated employees to achieve their personal objectives. We value employee initiative and will provide the training, development and process enhancement required for our employees to excel in their roles.
We strive to consistently meet or exceed the needs of our customers and the standards applicable to our industry. We focus on teamwork, customer service and continuous improvement, providing high quality, customized solutions that create leaner supply chains for our clients.
Our managers are involved in day to day operations. We maintain an open door policy and promote respect and professionalism.
We are seeking a confident and experienced Senior Customs Rater who is accustomed to delivering exceptional customer service in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment.
Scope of Duties:
As Senior Customs Rater, you will process import documents relating to incoming shipments and provide exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Customs clearance of shipments in a Single Window Environment;
- Rating and releasing of all entry types and modes of transport
- Ocean/Air/Truck/Rail/Courier LVS shipments
- Voluntary entries, Temporary entries, Transfers-in-bond and bonded warehouse entries
- Evaluate Customs declarations, documentation and client data prior to release for compliance and reporting purposes
- Arrange on-forwarding and delivery to client
- Provide outstanding customer service and foster positive relationships with our clients.
Qualifications and Experience:
Must have excellent working knowledge of tariff classification, end use certificates, tariff treatments, valuation, CBSA computerized release system, Customs regulations and procedures, SIMA, surtax, GST/HST, CFIA, NRCAN,
Transport Canada and requirements of all other government departments.
Accuracy and attention to detail is essential to succeed in this position.
- Five or more years of senior customs rater experience in a customs broker.
- Post-secondary education
- CCS, CTCS or Professional Qualification would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and communication skills;
- Analytical and time management skills;
- Commitment to teamwork
- 50K to 70K, commensurate with experience and industry qualification
- Extensive Group Health and Dental package including Short Term and Long Term Disability,
- Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and Health Care Spending Account.
- Premiums are cost shared 60% employer and 40% employee. 3 month waiting period
- Company Pension Plan, employees contribute 5% gross pay, employer matches 5%. 1 year waiting period.
- Education Assistance – Employer pays for professional and personal development educational courses in a related field.
- Paid Leave – 7 sick/family leave days per year, 2 personal leave days per year,
- 3 additional paid leave days for COVID-19 related issues. 6 month waiting period.
- Profit sharing.
- Vacation: 2 weeks after 1 year, 3 weeks after 3 years