Salary: $60,000-$75,000 + bonus and full benefits – Ontario or Quebec
Ocean/Air, Imports/Exports – Freight Forwarding – Remote – Exclusive
Our client offers sophisticated logistics solutions, to anywhere in the world. Their success is built on their ability to provide dedicated services, extensive carrier connections, extreme flexibility and professionals dedicated to providing personalized, efficient and responsive service.
They are looking for an experienced Freight Forwarding Supervisor with a well-rounded background in operations.
You have a minimum of 5-10 years experience in an
air/ocean international freight forwarder in Canada. You are well connected with carriers, adept at leading a staff of imports and exports people (minimum of 3), open in communicating and have a strong sense of teamwork to accomplish results.
Our client wants someone who is progressive minded and growth oriented.
Prime Responsibilities: Operations and Client Satisfaction
• Managing the day to day operations of import/export
• Developing and achieving targets of growth in ocean and air services
• The key liaison to handle customer issues that require escalation
• Training and development of qualified freight forwarding staff
• Senior problem solver for customers to maintain excellent working relationships
• Senior liaison with carrier decision-makers and overseas partners
• 5-10 years of international freight forwarding experience in Canada
• Extensive experience in ocean and air imports and exports
• Strong leadership abilities and proven skills in developing staff; a mentor,
teacher, trainer and developer
• Excellent industry reputation – well respected by carriers and customers
• Excellent forecasting and planning skills
• Possess vision, passion, drive, and the desire to continuously improve service
• Able to generate confidence with customers and staff
• Able to perceive profitable new business opportunities
Compensation: strong base salary, plus bonus and full benefits