Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll-free: 1 (866) 996-9984 or, 1 (416) 865-0695
Overview: This position is unadvertised and qualified candidates will be asked to consent to an NDA in order to receive full and complete details.
Our client offers sophisticated logistics solutions, anywhere in the world. Their success and strength is built on a team of professionals dedicated to providing personalized, efficient and responsive service.
Through your daily example, you ensure that your management team has the support they require and the leadership that they deserve. A developer by nature, you are focused on growth and maximizing potential new business opportunities.
You adapt readily to changing priorities and can pivot quickly to master new challenges. You have a collaborative people-management style and would describe yourself as approachable and an inspiring leader.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the growth of the company’s international freight forwarding services in Western Canada, based in Vancouver.
The compensation level reflects the importance of this key, senior executive role.
Our client is both financially robust and has an established multi-year growth plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures strong financial performance, profitability, service delivery, client retention, new business growth, and operational excellence while maintaining a client-centric focus.
- Full P/L responsibility; manages costs and looks for efficiencies and improvements; delivers on the bottom line budget commitment.
- Senior client contact to assist to close new business and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Hires, trains and develops management staff; provides leadership, sets goals and establishes objectives.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships internally across all departments and functional areas, as well as externally with customers and key suppliers.
- Ensures communications with all offices, sales, department managers, upper management, and/or clients regarding quality service and related issues that affect our ability to meet the client’s requirements.
- Collaborates with senior management to provide a healthy, challenging and positive work environment allowing for individual growth, achievement and accomplishment consistent with the company’s objectives.
- Occasional branch or outport travel is required.
- Experience in Ocean Exports and related Ground Services is considered essential.
- Attend customer and industry functions.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Extensive experience in ocean and air freight operations, exports and imports, product development; a well-rounded freight forwarder
- An in‐depth knowledge of the industry, strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully drive change and motivate employees is required.
- Skilled in exercising diplomacy when resolving customer inquiries and problems.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Able to generate confidence with customers and staff.
- Able to perceive profitable new business opportunities.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Integrity and ethical qualities of the highest standard.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Canada-based international freight forwarding management. Ocean freight experience is of particular interest.
- Excellent industry reputation – well respected by carriers and customers.
- Possess vision, passion, drive, and the desire to continuously improve service offerings.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and freight software.
- CIFFA, P. Log, CCLP/CITT or other industry designations are an asset.
Compensation: senior executive salary range, plus bonus incentives and comprehensive benefits