Senior Policy Lobbyist – Ottawa
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Preferably Ottawa, ON
We are currently seeking an experienced Lobbyist, the key liaison for government relations, legislative and regulatory affairs in Canada for a leading organization involved in the Transportation, Supply Chain and Logistics sectors.
You possess a proven track record of effective lobbying and influencing key decision-makers in federal agencies related to the Transportation sector.
A high level of industry experience based in Ottawa working in or with Transport Canada/CBSA/CFIA/CRA/Competition Bureau of Canada/etc. is an essential qualification.
Your key government agency relationships up to and including the ministerial level, and reach within government policy-making circles ensures that the stakeholders’ interests are championed and effectively represented in Ottawa.
- Develop already established relationships with government leaders and influencers in the federal government to achieve the objectives of the stakeholders
- Schedule meetings with politicians and other elected officials to influence their views on target issues and initiatives
- Research and gather information to formulate strategies to achieve the organization’s policy objectives
- Collaborate closely with the executive team to formulate policy positions and strategize on key issues
- Analyze policy positions, prepare background notes, briefs, and position papers while providing strategic insights.
- In conjunction with the Executive team, prepare written materials to help influence the opinion of legislative officials
- Negotiate with elected officials and policy makers to broker compromises and agreements
- Ensure compliance with lobbying reporting requirements activities at all government levels.
- Communicate effectively in person and in writing in a persistent and persuasive manner to influence legislative policies
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive and relevant experience with proven success in building productive, long-term relationships with senior leaders and government officials
- Proven relationship management and networking abilities, including the ability to influence without direct authority
- Experience working within and navigating public sector policy processes, partnerships, and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, assess, think and perform strategically, using a high level of initiative, judgment and insight
- Thorough understanding of key ministerial offices, federal departments, and agencies along with their key players and leadership.
- Superior communication skills and an open, collaborative working style, focused on results
- Excellent and proactive organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making ability.
Kevin Buckley can be reached toll-free at 1 (866) 996-9984
or messaged on (289) 888-1692 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org