Toll-free: 1 (866) 996-9984 or locally in the GTA – 1 (416) 865-0695
Senior Manager, Freight Forwarding – Hybrid – Mississauga
Our client offers sophisticated logistics solutions, anywhere in the world. Their global success is built on their ability to take care of their customers, offer flexible solutions, and tap a worldwide network of professionals dedicated to providing personalized, efficient and responsive service.
You have hands-on operations management in a large or medium-sized freight forwarder in Toronto. Through your daily example, you ensure that your management team has the support they require and the leadership that they deserve. A developer by nature, you are focused on growth and maximizing potential new business opportunities.
Attuned to rapid technological changes in the industry, you adapt readily to changing priorities and can pivot quickly to master new challenges.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the growth of the company’s international freight forwarding services in Ontario.
The compensation level reflects the importance of this key position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures strong financial performance, profitability, service delivery, client retention, new business growth, and operational excellence while maintaining a client-centric focus.
- Full P/L responsibility; manages costs and looks for efficiencies and improvements; delivers on the bottom line budget commitment.
- Senior client contact to assist to close new business and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Hires, trains and develops management staff; provides leadership, sets goals and establishes objectives.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships internally across all departments and functional areas, as well as externally with customers and key suppliers.
- Ensures communications with foreign and domestic offices, sales, department managers, upper management, and/or clients regarding quality service and related issues that affect our ability to meet the client’s requirements.
- Collaborates with senior management to provide a healthy, challenging and positive work environment allowing for individual growth, achievement and accomplishment consistent with the company’s objectives.
- Occasional branch or outport travel is required (10%).
- Attend customer and industry functions.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Extensive experience in ocean and air freight operations, imports and exports product development; a well-rounded freight forwarder
- An in‐depth knowledge of the industry, strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully drive change and motivate employees is required.
- Skilled in exercising diplomacy when resolving customer inquiries and problems.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Able to generate confidence with customers and staff.
- Able to perceive profitable new business opportunities.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Integrity and ethical qualities of the highest standard.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Canada-based international freight forwarding management. Ocean freight experience is of particular interest.
- Excellent industry reputation – well respected by carriers and customers.
- Possess vision, passion, drive, and the desire to continuously improve service offerings.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and freight software.
- CIFFA, P. Log, CCLP/CITT or other industry designations are an asset.
Compensation: executive salary range, plus bonus incentives and comprehensive benefits