Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Senior Export Coordinator – unadvertised career opportunity
International Freight Forwarder – Laval area
A well-respected and financially secure international freight forwarder has a big opportunity for an experienced Air/Ocean Exports professional, who is fluently bilingual.
You are the go-to person for air exports, with knowledge of ocean exports.
Your customer service skills and team player attitude, plus your willingness
to share your knowledge with colleagues are the strengths that our client
is looking for.
The future holds tremendous career growth potential for someone who
wants to grow and accept expanded responsibilities in the future.
The team you will join have earned the respect of customers and carriers
and have a lot of positive energy and focus.
If this is the kind of working environment that you are looking for,
our client wants to speak to you about this unadvertised opportunity.
Post-covid, the client is open to a hybrid remote/in-house work arrangement and flex hours after 3-months probation are an option. General work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
This is a key position.
- Review, quote and process air and ocean export documentation for an
assigned base of accounts
- Process and follow Shippers’ written Instructions accurately
- Letters of Credit and other banking instruments
- Prepare and process Air Waybills, Insurance Certificates, Certificates of
Origin, Consular Documents and Shippers’ Export Declarations
- Familiarity with Transport Canada security requirements; DG for Air
- Meet all Company deadlines for processing documents
- Prepare and/or send advance notification of shipments and documents to
shippers, consignees, and destination offices, as required and within
- Arrange, book and confirm cargo space with air and ocean carriers
- Close files and distribute documents in accordance with established
requirements and in compliance with export standards
- Track and trace cargo for loading and arrival confirmation with the airline
- Advise superior of any problems or irregularities discovered within
- Provide excellent and timely customer service by informing clients of the
status of their shipments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Reply to overseas inquiries in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Maintain clear verbal and written communication with clients
- Arrange inland freight services where required
- Ideally, you have 5 to 7 years of international air/ocean exports
- If you have Air Exports only, training can be provided for ocean exports
- Air Exports knowledge and experience is the first priority
- Letters of Credit and all related export documentation
- Strong customer service skills; proactive and timely in follow up and problem-solving
- Outgoing and personable work style
- Organized, collaborative, dedicated to professional standards
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
- A working knowledge and experience with Descartes will be an asset
- Fluent in French and English , written and spoken
Salary negotiable, established year-end bonus and company benefits