This position is permanently remote, representing a very well-established customs broker with a great reputation.
Our client has a dynamic customs team. They need someone to join them in Eastern Canada, bringing several years of rating and releasing experience in ocean, truck and air freight shipments, coupled with strong HS Tariffs treatment experience.
- Coordinating the rating and clearance of ocean, air and ground freight
- Daily preparation of EDI and manual release requests to include all modes of transport for various commodities
- Ensure all documentation and filings are in accordance with customs rules and regulations
- Completion and presentation of confirming entries
- Providing proactive client service and handling of client inquiries both internal and external
- On call for inquiries for PARS and shipments after hours
- Maintain CA Customs Brokerage standard operating procedures
- Ensure timely and accurate Import product invoicing
- Ensure file level revenues and costs are booked within the same financial period.
- Ensure customs brokerage product file cost allocations are completed before month-end or accrued into same period
- Minimizing un-allocated payments (waste – demurrage, file level errors)
- Comply with Customs department Import product KPI’s with focus on continuous improvement
- At least 5 years experience with Customs Rating and Releasing
- Evident customer service skills, and enjoys working with people
- Experienced with preparing entries, import permits, LVS/HVS shipments transmit entries and confirm release with Canada Customs
- Practical knowledge of procedures and processes in a Single Window Environment, including strong knowledge of HS Tariff classification; researching tariff codes, not just rating from an existing database
- Familiar with MS Office applications
- Good data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, working as a team player
- Can work independently, self-motivated and is a problem solver
- Excellent telephone manners; courteous and up-beat
$60,000 – $70,000 (+) base salary plus profit sharing and full benefits, according to industry experience.
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB, and NCBFAA in the US.
Upload your resume here, or send us a message: