Salary range, commensurate with industry experience: 55,000-65,000 plus comprehensive benefits
Very well established international freight forwarder and customs broker with an excellent reputation for employee satisfaction has a long-term employee retiring.
After training and orientation, this position is remote.
- Coordinating the clearance of ocean, air and ground freight shipments
- Daily preparation of EDI and manual release requests to include all modes of transport for various commodities
- Ensure all documentation and filings are accordance with customs rules and regulations
- Completion and presentation of confirming entries
- Providing proactive client service and handling of client inquiries both internal and external
- Maintain CA Customs Brokerage standard operating procedures
- Ensure timely and accurate Import product invoicing
- Ensure file level revenues and costs are booked within the same financial period.
- Ensure customs brokerage product file cost allocations are completed before month end or accrued into same period
- Minimizing un-allocated payments (waste – demurrage, file level errors)
- Comply with Customs department Import product KPI’s with focus on continuous improvement
- Review files and complete B2 request with Consulting dept.
- Provide customer service/support for commodities that maybe regulated by Participating Government Agency.
- Audit B3 and commercial documents to ensure quality and compliance
- Updates tariff treatment to database for live shipments based on provided/existing certificates
- Customer inquiries regarding tariff classification, duty rates/GST
- Single window IID request from customers, informing new CBSA regulations on all government departments.
- SIMA – Identification of goods which are subject to sima and determining the sima assessment to be entered on B3 entry.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all customers
- Ocean, Air and Truck rating and releasing experience; 15 to 20 shipments, daily average
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and make adjustments for changing workload
- 5 years of customs rating/releasing experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiar with Zoom and MS Teams
- Strong communications skills
- CCS Designation is preferred
Compensation: Salary and comprehensive benefits package