Senior Customs Rater – Fort Erie – Exclusive
Salary range: 40,000-50,000
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Job Objective: To assist and support the Manager and Team Leader in Release Operations and administrative client services such as, but not limited to, routing and sorting information, data entry and Client invoice processing.
Duties and Responsibilities: Ensure accurate and timely processing of shipments which could include all modes of transportation.
• Create customs entries through review, proper selection of client and client records, proper vendor and keyword selection, interpretation of documentation for all clients’ shipments for both high and low value shipments.
• Support the Manager and Team Leader with Release Operations in daily Administrative Client services.
• Processing release and entry documentation to obtain releases and final entry into Canada on behalf of clients.
• Distribute trade related information to the Director Customs Release Operations.
• Administrative duties to include, but not limited to answering phone calls, emails, running reports and billing.
- Currently handling a Customs Rater desk – all modes
- Ideally,10 years Customs Brokerage experience; 5y+ considered
- Must be quick learner, detail orientated, able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a good knowledge of CADEX, Final Accounting, and CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM)
- Familiarity with Software for processing shipments
- College Diploma and CCS designation preferred