Toll-free: 1 (866) 996-9984 – or text us at (289) 888-1692 after hours
Our client is a very well-established international freight forwarder with a full menu of service offerings.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for all sales and business development activity for the company in Western Canada. The RSM will have ultimate responsibility to provide leadership and coordination of company sales and marketing functions. In addition, the role will develop and implement sales and marketing strategy, as well as the client base through positioning the company as a strategic business partner. Monitoring and analyzing sales and marketing activity against goals will be critical in the role.
- Partner with teams to ensure client satisfaction and expand customer base.
- Understand Company products and services and leverage these to build new customer relationships and develop new routes.
- Develop and participate in sales and client presentations, ensuring there is a common understanding of service expectations and solutions, both with the customer and company offices.
- Network with local and global level key decision makers.
- Direct and coordinate all sales, marketing, and market analysis functions with Branch Managers.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets and coordinate the internal budgets with local management.
- Directly manage major and critical accounts and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs and results.
- Lead, organize and manage Canadian sales resources to identify and develop opportunities, in conjunction with Branch Managers.
- Work with station managers and corp. staff to establish and implement short and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures and business plans for the company.
- Establish KPI’s to follow and communicate on achieved results to management, sales teams and partners.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Professional Experience: 7-10 years of experience in a senior-level sales and/or marketing position with organizations involved in freight forwarding and logistics.
- Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, presentation, and proposal development skills.
- Demonstrated success in building new-revenue business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects; must have strong organization skills.
- Able to effectively respond to RFPs and deliver complex sales and/or creative proposals both in person and in writing.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Self-directed, requiring little supervision.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
In keeping with the importance of this position, a salary base in six figures, commission incentives, auto expenses and a full, comprehensive benefits package is offered.
Send us a message or forward your resume: