Regional Customs Manager – Mississauga
Our client is a well-established, full-service international freight forwarder/customs broker.
They are hiring for a leadership role in customs operations.
We are looking for an experienced manager who is accustomed to leading from the front, and who has a hands-on, take charge, results-oriented management style, to motivate their team to meet and exceed the company’s goals for productivity and growth.
You have great communications and organizational skills and the technical knowledge of customs which makes you a well-rounded candidate.
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic senior executive in growing the company’s customs operations.
You have experience leading a group of raters and customer service people in a mid-to-large customs broker.
This position is primarily focused on managing transactional processing, however, there may be some compliance activities included.
You have excellent interpersonal skills, motivating team members, customer service skills, are highly self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented, overseeing customs entry processing from the release of goods to client invoicing; an experienced Manager/Leader.
You are skilled in prioritizing tasks, addressing internal/external issues in a timely manner and maintaining positive relationships with customers and government officials.
Managing staff includes orientation and training, career development, fostering employee engagement
This is an equal opportunity employer, with competitive compensation, comprehensive health and dental care, and a balance between work and home life.
• Manage the company’s Customs Brokerage operations
• Lead, motivate, hire, train and develop all customs staff
• The key liaison between the company, the customers and government officials
• Maintain high quality standards in the delivery of customs services to customers
Qualifications and Experience: A Licensed Customs Broker is strongly preferred
- Involved with CARM and how the changes impact the Customs dept.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Using tools to measure and establish acceptable productivity levels
- Ensuring adequate coverage through proper vacation planning
- Effective use of new technology: Softphones, Zoom/Webcams, etc.
- Streamlining processes by collaborating with inhouse colleagues
- Work collaboratively to respond to Public/Private sector RFPs
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of customs brokerage management experience
- Strong technical knowledge of Rating, Releasing, Tariffs, CUSMA
- Proactive, dedicated to providing excellence of service to customers
- A proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Confident meeting customers, self-motivated and possessing initiative
What our client offers:
• The opportunity to take your career to the next level in a strong company
• An excellent compensation, bonus and benefits package
• An established industry reputation for quality and customer satisfaction