Ocean/Truck Pricing Analyst – Burlington, ON – Exclusive – Salary negotiable
Position Overview: You have at least 1 year of Ocean and Truck Transportation Industry Experience in a Freight Forwarding or 3PL company.
Our client is open to training someone in Pricing if they have good communications skills, are well organized, and have a good head for numbers.
The Pricing Analyst investigates and negotiates transport rates and other prices for customers.
They are responsible for keeping up to date on service and rate changes in order to ensure accuracy and fulfillment of industry standards. The Pricing Analyst is responsible for ensuring that accurate, thorough information is readily available to company staff through the timely maintenance of internal costings.
They negotiate with transportation providers in order to achieve short term goals and develop long term working relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and negotiate transport rates for company accounts
- Obtain and analyze vendor rate quotes and services for all modes of transportation
- Responsible for the timely dispatch of rate quotations in response to daily customer requests
- Facilitate regular contact with all vendors to review service/rate changes
- Keeping staff up to date with on current accurate information and prices
- Communicate with multiple vendors with varying service levels, options, and pricing.
- Liaison between Sales and Operations departments to ensure rates, routings and service options are accurately detailed from pricing through to costing
- Ensuring customer rate templates are up to date and are forwarded to customers on a timely basis
- Approve, decline, or investigate additional service charge claims
- Investigate invoice discrepancies with respect to pricing and resolve as required.
- Develop sound knowledge of all customer requirements to match the required transport service.
- All other pricing and costing duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Post-Secondary education in business, finance or related program is an asset
- At least 1 year experience in Freight Forwarding or 3PL
- Familiar with shipping industry terminology and concepts
- Negotiation skills
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel)
- Customer relations and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Organizational ability