Ocean Pricing Analyst – Exports – Burlington, ON – Exclusive
Position Overview: You have at least 1 year of Ocean Exports Pricing Experience in an international freight forwarder.
Covid-19 protocols: TBA
The Pricing Analyst investigates and negotiates transport rates and other prices for customers.
They are responsible for keeping up to date on service and rate changes in order to ensure accuracy and fulfillment of industry standards. The Pricing Analyst is responsible for ensuring that accurate, thorough information is readily available to company staff through the timely maintenance of internal costings.
They negotiate with transportation providers in order to achieve short term goals and develop long term working relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and negotiate transport rates for company accounts
- Obtain and analyze vendor rate quotes and services for all modes of transportation
- Responsible for the timely dispatch of rate quotations in response to daily customer requests
- Facilitate regular contact with all vendors to review service/rate changes
- Keeping staff up to date with on current accurate information and prices
- Know dimensions of multiple modes, customers, trade lanes, and multiple origin to destination pairings.
- Communicate with multiple vendors with varying service levels, options, and pricing.
- Liaison between Sales and Operations departments to ensure rates, routings and service options are accurately detailed from pricing through to costing
- Ensuring customer rate templates are up to date and are forwarded to customers on a timely basis
- Approve, decline, or investigate additional service charge claims
- Investigate invoice discrepancies with respect to pricing and resolve as required.
- Develop sound knowledge of all customer requirements to match the required transport service.
- All other pricing and costing duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Post-Secondary education in business, finance or related program is an asset
- 1 year experience in transportation – international ocean freight forwarding
- Must have a sound knowledge and understanding of trade lanes, routings, service levels
- Strong knowledge of shipping industry terminology and concepts
- Negotiation skills
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Customer relations and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Organizational ability