Ocean Imports Agent – International Freight Forwarder – Mississauga, ON – Exclusive – Cantonese-speaking (preferred) and English (Mandarin an asset)
Our client is a very well-established international freight forwarder in Canada.They are looking for a qualified and experienced international ocean imports agent with strong customer service and communications skills, an organized work-style, and a proactive attitude to solving customer shipment issues. You have a passion for freight forwarding and are looking to join a growing, dynamic team.
This is an in-house position, with all Covid-19 protocols in place.
- 90% of shipments are Ocean Imports from China
- 30-40 shipment files, weekly in terms of volume
- Break down and distribute into files and calculate charges. Issue steamship release to warehouse
- Invoice shipments according to client rates. Close file, pass invoices
- Responsible for customer contacts, follow ups by phone/email.
- Regular work with invoices, calculations of profit and commissions
- Tracking and correcting mistakes in supplier invoices
- Assure timely billing as per company policy
- Interact with international clients providing excellent customer service
- Escalate issues to next level if required
- Contact shippers to gather documentation and shipment info, check. Understanding and working with De-consolidations
- Liaison with Steamship companies and Trucking firms
- Tracking/Tracing system for monitoring the movement of ocean containers
- Proactive customer service to identify and resolve shipping problems
- Average of 30-40 shipments processed, weekly
- Several years of Ocean Imports experience in an international freight forwarder in Toronto
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Familiar with steamship lines, trucking arrangements and relevant follow up procedures for customs clearance/delivery of shipments
- A team-player with a cooperative, teachable and collaborative attitude
- CIFFA training is a strong asset; knowledge of Incoterms
- Honest, professional, and committed to integrity