Salary range: – Above average salary + bonus + benefits
Highly respected customs broker/freight forwarder is looking for a well-rounded freight forwarding professional with 5 years or more of Ocean Imports (+Exports) required, and Air Imports/Exports experience would be an asset.
This is an in-office position.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receive pre-advice notes
- Dispatch orders from client to assigned carriers
- Monitor and confirm arrival of oceanfreight and airfreight shipments
- Pre-alert customer on upcoming shipments
- Coordinate with other departments/offices to respond to customer inquiries
- Set up new customer files in CRM system
- Arrange trucking and warehouse requirements
- Break down and distribute into files and calculate charges
- Issue releases to warehouse
- Invoice shipments according to client rates
- Close file, pass invoices to accounting
- Responsible for customer contacts, follow up contacts per telephone/Email
- Regular work with invoices, calculations of profit split and commissions, tracking and correcting mistakes in supplier invoices and following all quality and verification procedures
- Assure timely billing as per company policy
- Interact with international clients providing excellent customer service support
- Escalate issues to management level if required
- Respond to e-mail and telephone requests in a timely manner
- Contact shippers to gather required documentation and shipment info, check documentation, coordinate shipments with help of overseas offices, send pre-alerts
- Follow SOPs and ensure internal network complies with them
- Any additional task or activity as requested by management
- Post-secondary education; college diploma in related discipline an asset
- At least 5-7 years+ Ocean Imports with some Ocean Exports being most important experience. Airfreight experience in freight forwarding would be an asset to have.
- Knowledge of ocean imports/exports sector procedures and processes.
- Knows supplier conditions, deliver terms, Incoterms and purchasing conditions; knows risk and insurance terms
- Familiar with and able to work with the company’s quality and environmental policies
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsive, proactive and dedicated to full customer service
- Strong time management skills and ability to monitor & change priorities as required.
A sense of ownership and a can-do attitude – to take responsibility for one’s own work, to inform the manager if problems arise, to inform the customer of issues; to be loyally responsible for business operations and to help colleagues in daily work activities