Ocean Imports Coordinator – International Freight Forwarder – Richmond, BC – Exclusive – 2 days in-office, 3 days working from home. The salary range, according to experience of 3-5 years (+) is 70K-75K plus quarterly profit-sharing.
Great company with progressive growth, a global presence and that has a proven track record of providing excellence of service in a dynamic work environment.
Here, your future is only limited by your ability and is enhanced through your work ethic.
You are a very customer focused, always willing to go the extra mile to ensure the customer is satisfied.
- 100% of shipments are Ocean Imports and related Ground logistics
- Work with Ocean Bills of Lading and payment terms to release shipments
- Calculating and billing storage and demurrage charges
- Planning and organizing truck delivery of shipments to customers
- Tracking payments and correcting mistakes in supplier invoices
- Assure timely billing as per company policy with domestic and overseas partners
- Interact with international agents to resolve shipment problems
- Respond to overseas and domestic requests for information about shipments
- Tracking/Tracing system for monitoring the movement of ocean containers
- Proactive customer service to identify and resolve shipping problems
- 3-5 years (+) of Ocean Imports experience in an international freight forwarder
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Familiar with steamship lines, trucking arrangements, and procedures for delivery of shipments
- Computer skills, organized and priority conscious; work well under pressure
- CIFFA training is a strong asset; knowledge of Incoterms
- Post-secondary Diploma/Certificate in Logistics an asset
Compensation: Excellent salary, quarterly profit-sharing and benefits; RRSP matching program