Our client is a global freight forwarder with extensive operations and many offices. With their international reach and focused objectives on providing the highest levels of customer service to their customers, they continue to grow.
Do you like to be busy and thrive in a fast-paced environment with like-minded colleagues? Then this is the type of opportunity that you’re looking for.
Here, your contributions will be recognized and respected.
Remote now – hybrid later
- Receive pre-advice notes
- Dispatch orders from client to assigned carriers
- Monitor and confirm arrival of oceanfreight and airfreight shipments
- Pre-alert customer on upcoming shipments
- Coordinate with other departments/offices to respond to customer inquiries
- Set up new customer files in CRM system
- Arrange trucking and warehouse requirements
- Break down and distribute into files and calculate charges
- Issue releases to warehouse
- Invoice shipments according to client rates
- Close file, pass invoices to accounting
- Responsible for customer contacts, follow up contacts per telephone/Email
- Regular work with invoices, calculations of profit split and commissions, tracking and correcting mistakes in supplier invoices and following all quality and verification procedures
- Assure timely billing as per company policy
- Interact with international clients providing excellent customer service support
- Escalate issues to management level if required
- Respond to e-mail and telephone requests in a timely manner
- Contact shippers to gather required documentation and shipment info, check documentation, coordinate shipments with help of overseas offices, send pre-alerts
- Follow SOPs and ensure internal network complies with them
- Any additional task or activity as requested by management
- Post-secondary education; college diploma in related discipline an asset
- 2-3 years Ocean Imports experience in freight forwarding.
- Knowledge of ocean, air and trucking sector procedures and processes.
- Knows supplier conditions, deliver terms, Incoterms and purchasing conditions; knows risk and insurance terms
- Familiar with and able to work with the company’s quality and environmental policies
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsive, proactive and dedicated to full customer service
- Strong time management skills and ability to monitor & change priorities as required.
Compensation: highly flexible for the right person, with comprehensive benefits, three weeks vacation and industry education support.