Our client is a Canadian freight forwarder with a strong focus on the Pacific Rim.
Do you like to be busy in a fast-paced environment and do you speak Mandarin or Cantonese?
This position reports to the Branch Manager.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receive pre-advice notes
- Dispatch orders from client to assigned carriers
- Monitor and confirm arrival of oceanfreight shipments
- Pre-alert customer on upcoming shipments
- Coordinate with other departments/offices to respond to customer inquiries
- Set up new customer files in system
- Arrange trucking and warehouse requirements
- Break down and distribute into files and calculate charges
- Invoice shipments according to client rates
- Responsible for customer contacts, follow up contacts per telephone/Email
- Assure timely billing as per company policy
- Interact with international clients providing excellent customer service support
- Escalate issues to management level if required
- Respond to e-mail and telephone requests in a timely manner
- Contact shippers to gather required documentation and shipment info, check documentation, coordinate shipments with help of overseas offices, send pre-alerts
- Follow SOPs and ensure internal network complies with them
- Any additional task or activity as requested by management
- 1-3 years Ocean Imports experience in freight forwarding.
- Knowledge of ocean imports and trucking sector procedures and processes.
- Knows supplier conditions, deliver terms, Incoterms and purchasing conditions; knows risk and insurance terms
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in Mandarin or Cantonese
- Responsive, proactive and dedicated to full customer service
- Strong time management skills and ability to monitor & change priorities as required.
Compensation: Salary range between 45,000 and 55,000, plus benefits