Ocean Imports/Exports Coordinator – International Freight Forwarder – – Exclusive – Salary range is 60K-65K + bonus and benefits
Our client is a well established Freight Forwarder.
All candidates must have Ocean Import/Export experience with a Canadian Freight Forwarder.
They are looking for an experienced person to handle all aspects of Ocean Import/Export freight documentation and customer service.
Do you want to join a dynamic company with strong growth prospects?
We are looking for an Ocean import professional with 3-5 years or more experience in international ocean import procedures.
This is a fully remote position, reporting out of province, open to people who reside in ON, QC, NB, NS, NL.
- Set up files based on pre-advise. Arrange trucker and warehouse requirements.
- Receive documents from steamship or shipper.
- Break down and distribute into files and calculate charges. Issue steamship release to warehouse, invoice shipments according to client rates. Close file, pass invoices.
- Responsible for customer contacts, followups by phone/email.
- Regular work with invoices, calculations of profit and commissions, tracking and correcting mistakes in supplier invoices.
- Assure timely billing as per company policy.
- Work according to project process.
- Interact with international clients providing excellent customer service.
- Escalate issues to next management level if required.
- Contact shippers to gather documentation and shipment info, check. Understanding and working with De-consolidations.
- Liaison with Steamship companies and Trucking firms.
- Working with a computerized Tracking/Tracing system for monitoring the movement of ocean containers.
- Proactive customer service to identify and resolve shipping problems.
The successful applicant should have:
- 3- 5 Years of Ocean Imports and some Exports experience in Canada in international freight forwarding.
- Knowledge of Ocean Import/Export documentation and procedures
- Fluent communicator in English, written and spoken
- Fast learner with a keen eye for detail; accurate and thorough; well organized.