Exports/Invoicing Clerk – Burlington, ON – Exclusive
Salary range: 40,000-50,000
This position supports the Logistics specialists involved in shipping via ocean exports.
Working on a specific account group, you submit OBLs cargo reporting, CAED & AES filings.
Prepare marine insurance certificates and shipment pre-alerts. You release all ocean bills of lading and prepare related documentation.
You will also invoice shipments, tracking all outstanding payables and finalize files.
You will track and trace shipments to ensure timely delivery to the consignee.
This is a busy position requiring an organized work style.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and submission of export documentation
- Arranging the timely release of the ocean bills of lading
- Issuance and dispatch of all shipment pre-alerts
- Consolidation of all commercial export documentation for dispatch to receiver
- Responsible for the freight invoicing of a base of customers
- Responsible for the creation of vendor invoices
- Ensuring accuracy of the invoice and payable entries
- Distribution of approved invoices to customers
- Tracking of all outstanding payables
- Closing of all completed files
- Tracking and tracing of all export files
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Qualities:
- 2 years + of export documentation experience in an ocean freight forwarding company
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and a team player
- Organized problem solver with good customer service skills
- College graduate preferred
Compensation: According to industry experience