Position Overview: Ocean & Air Pricing Analyst
You have about 1 to 2 years or more of Ocean or Air Freight experience in an international freight forwarder in the GTA.
Your goal is to move into Pricing and work with a positive-minded manager to learn from and grow with. They are willing to train you if you have the operations experience and want a new challenge.
This is your opportunity to move forward, with a very experienced mentor to train you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and negotiate transport rates for management and sales
- Obtain and analyze vendor rate quotes and services for ocean freight and other modes
- Facilitate regular contact with all vendors to review service/rate changes
- Keeping several offices up to date with on current accurate information and prices
- Communicate with multiple vendors with varying service levels, options, and pricing.
- Ensuring customer rate templates are up to date and are forwarded to customers on a timely basis
- Investigate invoice discrepancies with respect to pricing and resolve as required.
- Develop sound knowledge of all customer requirements to match the required transport service.
- All other pricing and costing duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Post-Secondary education in business, finance or related program is an asset
- 1 to 2 years experience in transportation – international ocean or air freight forwarding
- Good knowledge of shipping industry terminology and concepts
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Good Excel skills
- Collaborative and positive work attitude
- Tact/diplomacy and a teachable spirit; a desire to learn and grow
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Organizational ability
Compensation: Excellent, negotiable salary