Ocean Imports Coordinator – International Freight Forwarder – – Exclusive – Salary range is 60K-68K + bonus and benefits – this is a permanently remote position.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a well established Freight Forwarder.
All candidates must have either Ocean or Air Imports experience with an established Freight Forwarder in New Brunswick.
They are looking for an experienced person to handle all aspects of Ocean or Air Import freight documentation and customer service.
Do you want to join a dynamic company with strong growth prospects?
You have ideally, 5 years or more experience in international ocean import or air import procedures.
This is a fully remote position, reporting out of province, open to people who reside in New Brunswick and other provinces.
- Set up files based on pre-advise. Arrange trucker and warehouse requirements.
- Receive documents from steamship, airline or shipper.
- Break down and distribute into files and calculate charges. Issue release to warehouse, invoice shipments according to client rates. Close file, pass invoices.
- Responsible for customer contacts, followups by phone/email.
- Regular work with invoices, calculations of profit and commissions, tracking and correcting mistakes in supplier invoices.
- Assure timely billing as per company policy.
- Work according to project process.
- Interact with international clients providing excellent customer service.
- Escalate issues to next management level if required.
- Contact shippers to gather documentation and shipment info, check. Understanding and working with De-consolidations.
- Liaison with Steamship companies and Trucking firms.
- Working with a computerized Tracking/Tracing system for monitoring the movement of ocean containers.
- Proactive customer service to identify and resolve shipping problems.
The successful applicant should have:
- 5 Years or more of Ocean or Air Imports in Canada in international freight forwarding.
- Knowledge of Ocean or Air Import documentation and procedures
- Fluent communicator in English, written and spoken
- Fast learner with a keen eye for detail; accurate and thorough; well organized.