Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Text: (289) 888-1692
Unadvertised – Mississauga, ON – Hybrid, 2 days in office, after training
Our client is hiring for a national leadership role. They have a worldwide presence and well-established, multiple offices in Canada and the USA.
You have great communications, team organizational skills, and the technical knowledge of customs that makes you a well-rounded candidate. You like to lead through setting a positive example. They will consider both managers and supervisors for this role – it is the fit that is important; they want a growth-minded leader as the customs department is expanding.
They are growing the company’s customs operations across the country. Your expertise, input and counsel in all matters of customs operations will be the foundation for this growth, and you can put your stamp on that progress.
- Full responsibility for the company’s Customs Brokerage operations across Canada
- Being the go-to expert in the company for all aspects of customs transactions processing
- Lead, motivate, hire, train and develop all customs staff in the Canadian offices
- The key liaison between the company, the CBSA and customers on all customs operations issues
- Implement a vision for planned growth of the customs brokerage service to capitalize on service strengths
Qualifications and Experience:
- CCS Designation
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of supervisory or management experience in a customs broker in Canada
- Organized, proactive, approachable
- An excellent communicator
- Up-to-date knowledge of customs regulatory procedures, regulations and compliance
- HST Tariff classification, end use certificates, tariff treatments, valuation, CBSA computerized release system, IID, Customs regulations and procedures, SIMA, surtax, GST/HST, CFIA, NRCAN, Transport Canada and requirements of all other government departments (PGA).
- Full job description available to qualified candidates
What our client offers:
- The environment to create growth with your ideas, knowhow and expertise
- An excellent compensation and benefits package
- An established industry reputation for quality
Compensation: Salary base extends into six-figures, plus profitsharing, RRSP, full benefits