Well-established international freight forwarder and customs broker is seeking an experienced person with supervisory experience to take the next step forward and assume a Manager’s responsibility for Low Value Shipment processing.
Salary plus profitsharing, according to experience, plus full benefits. This is hybrid after training.
- Coordinating the clearance in CLVS courier freight. Converting PGA’s into PARS shipments.
- Daily preparation of EDI and manual release requests for various commodities.
- Ensure all documentation and filings are accordance with Customs rules and regulations
- Completion and presentation of confirming entries.
- Providing proactive client service and handling of client inquiries both internal and external.
- Support for inquiries for PARS and shipments afterhours (including weekends, if applicable)
- Comply with CA Customs Brokerage Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure timely and accurate Import product invoicing
- Comply with Customs department Import product KPI’s with focus on continuous improvement
- Enforce file level revenues and costs are booked within the same financial period.
- Enforce customs brokerage product file cost allocations are completed before month end or accrued into same period.
- Provide customer service/support for commodities that maybe regulated by Participating Government Agency.
- Updates NAFTA/FTA tariff treatment to database for live shipments based on provided/existing certificates, customer inquiries regarding tariff classification, duty rates/GST
- Single window IID request from customers, informing new CBSA regulations on all government departments.
- SIMA – Identification of goods which are subject to sima and determining the sima assessment to be entered on B3 entry.
- Assist with A/R functions in resolving disputes for this department.
- Supervising customs staff involved in the clearance of truck and/or courier freight
- Often is the front-line liaison with the rating and clearing staff
- Key contact with carriers, customers and government agencies
- Often active in liaising with customs colleagues for technical matters regarding border initiatives and legislation
- Involved in hiring, training and developing staff
- Assists with auditing of customs entries for accurate transmission to CBSA
- Monitors clearances with Carriers and customs brokers
- Keeps up to date on all changing regulations governing customs clearance activities of the corporation, cross- border movements and other related trade legislation
- Evaluate, communicate, and action all exceptions and deviations conflicting with CA Import Product standards, procedures, and goals.
- Follow-up of corrective actions taken on exceptions and deviations to secure continuous development, quality improvement and profitability enhancement.
- Assist in settling any disputes on operational and financial matters between offices, sisters and agents
- Experience supervising LVS shipments – 4 to 6 years all modes customs rating experience
- CCS strongly preferred
- Good technical knowledge of CBSA and OGD regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong consultative, organizational, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Proactive in following up with customers and providing professional service
- Teamplayer, focused on creating successful solutions to client problems