Our client is involved in manufacturing 21st century technology to serve the needs of tomorrow.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 80% freight documentation (B2s, B13s) 10% compliance 10% paperwork for US exports understand export documentation for US freight movements.
- Must be focused and proactive in following up by phone versus relying on emails to closely monitor ocean and truck carrier movements.
- Ocean imports into port of Vancouver and then OTR to Canadian major cities: Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal
- Main focus 80% is ocean imports from the Far East and Europe and truck mostly TL/ flatbeds and other specialized moves, plus some LTL shipments.
- US Ocean imports are into New York, Houston, Los Angeles and inland port of Chicago.
- The regulatory compliance duties are about 10% of the total, they have a customs broker handling the day-to-day customs clearances and US compliance lawyers handling audit tasks.
- Proactive following up by telephone with ocean and ground carriers is critical to ensure that the 3-day turnaround for containers is adhered to, costs are kept to the minimum and to avoid expensive demurrage charges.
- The key tasks are FCL/LCL ocean imports from the Far East and Europe into Canadian and US ports, container de-stuffing, container movements to the 3PLs, returning the empties, Canadian overland shipments and US exports.
- Strong excel spreadsheet knowledge is an asset.
- Ideally, management would like to hire someone who would be open to visiting construction sites in the US in due course, as well as the port of unloading, to get a hands-on sense of what the products are, and how they are installed and constructed. This is not an essential requirement.
- Approximately 600 containers are imported into Canadian and American ports yearly.
- This is a great opportunity for someone with 3 or 4 years of ocean imports experience in freight forwarding and familiarity with ground movements for final delivery to join a dynamic company involved in 21st century technology.
- The manager is seeking a teachable, organized, proactive individual with a developed sense of urgency and good telephone communications skills. He is a mentor and leader by example and wants to work with someone who wants to learn and grow.
- 2-3 years of Ocean Imports is essential with a freight forwarder or importer
- Truck exports – TL and LTL is preferred
- Dynamic communicator, proactive, organized and detail-conscious
- Good knowledge of Incoterms
- Familiar with freight and customs terminology
Note: a full, itemized job description will be provided to selected candidates
Compensation: Salary according to industry experience is up to $60,000-$65,000, plus performance-based bonus; company health/medical benefits