Air Exports/Imports, plus Ocean Imports/Exports and Ground Transportation – Mississauga, ON – exclusive – unadvertised
This young and dynamic international freight forwarder is looking for a go-getter to join their team. Here, a positive attitude, great communications skills, and the desire to learn and grow in all areas of the business is key.
You have at least 1 year of experience, preferably in air exports and may have exposure/experience in other modes as well. Your colleagues are professional, dedicated and pride themselves on serving their customers at the highest level.
Do you want to join a team like this?
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Tracking/tracing air/ocean shipments (inbound and outbound)
- Co-ordinating with the terminals/airlines ensuring smooth information and cargo transfers
- Analyzing and choosing the most appropriate carriers (air/ocean/ ground) to meet our customers price vs service expectations.
- Ensuring all documentation is available, accurate and complete
- Verification of carrier (supplier) invoices and approval for payment
- Assist in the re-negotiating of terms / pricing agreements with carriers and evaluation of performance received vs. performance expectations.
Your skillset will include the following:
- Minimum 1 year experience in either an air or ocean operations capacity, with a preference for air exports, first
- Minimum 3 years experience in a customer service roll dealing directly with customers on pricing and service issues.
- Problem solving in the following areas
- Service failures from suppliers
- Customer expectations not being met (reasonable or otherwise)
- Ability to function in a team setting
- Ability to take a leadership role in areas of competence when required
- Fluency both written and verbal in English.
- A strong knowledge of the geography (major trading areas and international hubs), plus an understanding of the typical transit times between major sea/airports
- Ability to complete a standard MAWB/HAWB and steamship bill of lading
- CAED software experience
- eManifest experience
- Level of education – COLLEGE
- Work experience – 1 year industry specific, 3 years servicing customers
- Strong written and verbal skills (English).
Salary and other benefits
- We offer a very competitive salary, bonus, and benefits based on your experience and abilities.