Our client is a dynamic Canadian Customs Broker with a great reputation in the industry. They are located in Mississauga.
You have 5 years or more of general accounting experience, with at least 2 years Customs Brokerage accounting in Canada, you are familiar with the unique requirements of the brokerage sector when it comes to reporting procedures, and you are aware of the new CARM processes and procedures.
This position reports directly to the President. It is a one-person department.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Track expenses, taxes, cash flow, receipts and other financial dealings of company
- Provide regular financial reports (monthly)
- Handle accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely processing of payroll
- Monthly review of Customs SOAs, remittance of taxes to the CRA
- Help transition to CARM
Qualifications and skills:
- At least 5 years of accounting experience with a minimum of 2 years of that experience within customs brokerage
- Experienced in full-cycle accounting procedures and principles
- Ability to work independently with effective time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Candata accounting software is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills; collaborative approach
- Solid computer skills: Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel and Word)
Compensation: Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience