Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Our client is a strong and well-established freight forwarder in the industry. They are agile, responsive and are focused on satisfying the changing needs of a demanding customer base in multiple industry sectors.
They are seeking an experienced freight forwarding business developer to spearhead new business development in Canada; an individual with an evident passion for sales.
You are a high-energy, entrepreneurially minded with extensive freight forwarding experience in ocean and air freight.
You’ve been thinking about taking on a greater challenge, and are looking for the company that provides the environment for you to stretch your abilities and skills to the maximum.
The future holds great potential, and our client wants to discuss yours.
Discretion is both assured and expected.
This is a self-directed hybrid opportunity.
- Responsible for all new sales development efforts for the company
- Senior negotiations with key and prospective customers
- Training, motivating and developing sales developers
- Identifying, cultivating and closing profitable new business
- Key liaison with important customers to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Develops and implements new strategic sales & marketing initiatives regionally and nationally
- Cultivates effective working relationships with overseas partners
- Develops and achieves sales and marketing budget targets and KPIs
- Prepares and presents reports for senior management
- A proven track in sales development at a senior level in freight forwarding in Canada
- Extensive experience selling to major customers a sophisticated variety of logistics solutions
- Keen market awareness and focused on developing new and profitable revenue streams
- Highly organized and self-motivated, and able to inspire performance in his/her people
- Excellent communicator; persuasive, dynamic and well-educated
- Fluency in Mandarin or Spanish is an asset but not essential
Compensation: A base salary well into six-figures, plus bonus and other incentives, full benefits. The compensation package reflects the senior nature of the position.