Windsor, ON – in-office
Our client has a first class reputation in the industry over many decades. Through continued growth, they are hiring for an all-modes customs rating and releasing position.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Coordinating the clearance of ocean, air and ground freight, plus LVS courier freight
- Daily preparation of EDI and manual release requests to include all modes of transport for various commodities
- Ensure all documentation and filings are accordance with customs rules and regulations
- Completion and presentation of confirming entries
- Providing proactive client service and handling of client inquiries both internal and external
- On call for inquiries for PARS and shipments after hours at airport callouts
- Maintain CA Customs Brokerage standard operating procedures
- Ensure timely and accurate Import product invoicing
- Ensure file level revenues and costs are booked within the same financial period.
- Ensure customs brokerage product file cost allocations are completed before month end or accrued into same period
- Minimizing un-allocated payments (waste – demurrage, file level errors)
- Comply with Customs department Import product KPI’s with focus on continuous improvement
- Several years of experience with Customs Rating and Releasing
- Experienced with preparing entries, import permits, LVS/HVS shipments transmit entries and confirm release with Canada Customs
- Practical knowledge of procedures and processes
- Customs software knowledge
- Familiar with MS Office applications
- Good data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, working as a team player
- Can work independently and is a problem solver
- Good communications skills, able to converse with clients and carriers
Compensation: 55K-65K (+), depending on experience, plus up to 4% matching RRSP, full benefits and a discretionary bonus paid every year without exception since 1990.
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB, and NCBFAA in the US.