Customer On-Boarding Specialist – Customs Brokerage
Our client is a respected customs broker and freight forwarder with many years of experience.
They are seeking a proactive, analytical customer service specialist to on-board new customers.
You will analyze customer performance issues, determine needs and recommend and implement creative solutions, tailored to the customer. Up-selling the company’s services where possible, you are very customer oriented.
If you have several years of customer service in customs brokerage enjoy communicating with and helping customers, and have a problem-solver approach to keeping customers happy, our client wants to talk to you about your career goals.
Someone who enjoys a collaborative team approach and who takes accountability for customer satisfaction will be a good fit.
To ensure that the new customer has a positive experience with customs brokerage services from the outset.
• Advise staff of operational parameters for specific customers
• Communicate with internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction
• Resolve problems and suggest solutions to best serve the customer
• Inform management of service issues and enlist assistance, if needed
• Determine customer needs and opportunities for up-selling company services
• Professionally communicate with customer by phone or email
• 3 to 5 years or more of customs brokerage customer service experience
or internal account management
• Empathy, active listening, a patient attitude and problem-solving skills
• Ability to identify, analyze and manage customer needs and expectations
• Experience in successfully implementing products and services in customs
• Excellent knowledge of customs brokerage operations and processes
• Self-managed and proactive work style; collaborative, willing to go the extra mile
Compensation: Salary, bonus and benefits package