Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Text: (289) 888-1692
Customs Broker/Freight Forwarder, very well-established, prestigious company in the GTA area is seeking to hire a Customs Compliance Manager who ideally possesses a CTCS designation, or a CCS designation, to provide personalized consulting services to their clients.
This opportunity is unadvertised
Your duties will include:
• Face to Face Consulting with customers to determine needs
• Liaising with CBSA, CFIA and OGD officials regarding legislative requirements
• Daily/periodic reviews of customers compliance needs and issues
• Attending CBSA Seminars to stay abreast of the newest legislative programs
• HS Tariff Classifications review
• Database mining/manipulation at an advanced level with Excel pivot tables
• Rulings, Refunds, Remissions and Drawbacks
• Maintain and develop knowledge of various relevant laws and regulations
• Identify tax recovery opportunities (customs duties, drawback, GST, excise tax
• Generate automated reports
• Seek client revenue opportunities through visits, phone calls or correspondences
• Prepare proposals, and get written approval/authorization from clients
• Negotiate service fees.
• Perform work according to the mandate, i.e. classification, determination of the customs value, determination of origin under free trade agreements, HST, customs compliance, periodic verification, drawbacks, etc.
• Respond to inquiries from internal and external clients on customs regulations
• Represent the interests of clients with various government authorities
• Prepare documentation for billing services performed
• Minimum 5-7 years (+) experience in customs brokerage or customs compliance
• Customs Broker Professional Status, CCS or CTCS qualifications preferred
• Strong technical knowledge of CBSA, CFIA, and OGD regulations, especially release, accounting, rules of origin, HS Tariffs, e-Manifest, import permits and CUSMA/USMCA certification requirements
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong consultative, organizational, problem solving and decision-making
• AMPS/Compliance, Audits, Valuations, Exportations
• A hands-on approach to serving the customer
• Proactive in following up with customers and providing professional service
• Teamplayer, focused on creating successful solutions to client problems
Compensation: The salary range is negotiable and at a senior level, reflecting the importance of the position. The profitsharing level is also attractive into double digits.