Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Text: (289) 888-1692
The Canadian Society of Customs Brokers – CCS Education and Professional Development Officer
The CSCB is recognized across Canada and internationally for its excellence in delivering comprehensive and authoritative education on Customs and border management. This role contributes directly to this through developing, updating and delivering CSCB education and professional development products including courses, webinars, podcasts, and quizzes.
This position is based in Ottawa. It will be a hybrid position that encompasses remote and in-office working.
- You are a CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) designate with current and comprehensive knowledge of Customs legislation, policy and procedures, as well as the regulatory requirements of other government departments relating to the import and export of goods.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent knowledge of English is essential, especially in written work.
- You are able to express complex ideas in simple language. Knowledge of French is an asset.You have proficiency in the MS Office tools with a strong focus on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You are organized and able to identify priorities, and you are able to work independently as well as with a team.
- You are motivated and able to motivate others. In your interactions with students, you are knowledgeable, respectful and responsive.
- You are creative and innovative, willing to identify and implement new initiatives and ideas.
Become part of a dynamic and successful team responsible for developing and implementing education products and professional designation programs at the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers.
You can make a significant impact on the careers of customs people across Canada.
If this is not of interest, perhaps you have a CCS colleague in the industry who shouldn’t be overlooked?
Any direction to qualified people will be handled confidentially.
- CCS Designation is essential – post-secondary education is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5-7 years+ customs brokerage experience in Canada
- A broad range of knowledge of customs legislation, terminology, and concepts
- Excellent communication skills are deemed essential, especially written English
- Prior training in or experience with delivering adult education programs, an asset
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Power Point is required.
- Experience with webinars, podcasts, etc, is an asset.
Compensation: The compensation package is excellent and commensurate with industry experience. Relocation expenses may be considered for the right candidate.
Contact us in strictest confidence: (416) 865-0695 or 1 (866) 996-9984 toll-free
Send us a confidential message: