A well-established, dynamic international logistics solutions provider with a strong market presence is seeking a freight forwarding sales developer to develop new business in European and Pacific Rim Imports and Exports, Air and Ocean.
You ideally have at least 3 to 5 years of external sales experience in Toronto in Global International Freight Forwarding sales in a hunter role, coupled with a desire to join forces with a company that is growing and progressive.
Note: the company is willing to tailor the compensation plan if there is a good fit. They offer a well above average salary range up to six figures for relevant experience, plus a commission plan as follows:
For every new account developed, the BDM receives 20% commission for the 1st year that the account is obtained (first year as of the date of the first posted transaction); then, 15% commission on that same account for the second year and third year; 10% commission on that account for the fourth year; 5% commission for the fifth year and sixth year, and 3% commission for all subsequent years. So, the account developed never becomes a “house” account over time.
The sales quota to receive commissions, paid quarterly, equals 1.5x annual base salary.
What makes you successful:
You are organized, self-disciplined, have strong communications and presentation skills, and you are familiar with freight originating from some or all of these key ports/regions:
UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Baltic states, Benelux countries.
Beihai, Dalian, Dandong, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hankou, Huangpu, Jiujiang, Lianyungang, Nanjing, Nantong, Ningbo, Qingdao, Qinhuangdao, Rizhao, Sanya, Shanghai, Shantou, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Weihai, Wenzhou, Xiamen, Yangzhou, Yantai, Zhanjiang, Hong Kong, Singapore.
- New business development of Eastern/Western European and Far East Imports and Exports, Air and Ocean
- Selling the firm’s services and logistics solutions to small-medium and large companies at a profitable level
- Supporting the strategic business plan of a completely customer focused organization
• Post secondary degree is an asset; CIFFA training is an asset
• 3-5 years (+) new sales development in Global Air and Ocean Imports
• Developed prospecting skills; the ability to cultivate new business
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• A proven track record of sales development
• Excellent negotiation skills with customers, carriers and overseas agents
• Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Ability to work independently
• Highly self motivated
Compensation: A superior compensation package is offered, including a strong base salary, commissions that reward results, and that provide ongoing rewards for achievement, auto allowance and company benefits.
You can upload your resume or send us a message here: