Excellent Salary, bonus, car allowance and full benefits – Ontario
Note: our client is open to considering a freight operations supervisor with senior experience for this role.
Ocean Imports/Exports – Freight Forwarding – Exclusive
Our client offers complete logistics solutions, to anywhere in the world. Their success is built on their ability to provide dedicated services, extensive carrier connections, extreme flexibility and professionals dedicated to providing personalized, efficient and responsive service.
They are looking for a well-rounded background in operations, prefer all modes.
You have a minimum of 5 years + experience leading import operations team-members in ocean/air international freight forwarding in Canada. You are well connected with carriers open in communicating and have a strong sense of teamwork to accomplish results.
Our client wants someone who is very customer service focused.
Prime Responsibilities: Operations and Client Satisfaction
• Managing the day to day operations of import/export
• Developing and achieving targets of growth in ocean and air services
• The key liaison to handle customer issues that require escalation
• Training and development of qualified freight forwarding staff
• Senior problem solver for customers to maintain excellent working relationships
• Senior liaison with carrier decision-makers and overseas partners
• 5 years + of management or supervisory experience
• Extensive experience in ocean and air imports and exports is preferred
• Strong leadership abilities and proven skills in developing staff; a mentor,
teacher, trainer and developer
• Excellent industry reputation – well respected by carriers and customers
• Possess vision, drive, and the desire to continuously improve service
• Able to generate confidence with customers and staff
• Able to perceive profitable new business opportunities
Compensation: strong base salary, plus bonus, car allowance and full benefits, according to experience