Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at (289) 888-1692
Well-respected and established customs broker in the airport region is seeking a roll-up your sleeves working manager to lead the branch operations, with 7 staff reporting. This is an in-office position.
The Manager supervises and ensures the proper functioning of the branch activities in order to provide a timely and efficient customs clearance of our clients’ goods.
You have experience supervising a group of customs operations staff, and are accustomed to handling a full rating/releasing desk.
Duties & Responsibilities: – Hands-on manager overseeing the work of 7-8 customs operations staff
- Full rating and releasing of all modes – ocean/truck/air customs clearances
- Verifies and authorizes the payables (freight invoices or sub-agent fees) and replies to inquiries from the accounting department – payables.
- Issues instructions to sub-agents to effect customs clearance for our clients.
- Presents to Customs the documents required for the release of goods.
- Replies to requests for information from clients, suppliers or government employees.
- Analyzes error reports, takes appropriate measures and informs personnel.
- Verifies all transactions
- Follows up on temporary importations
- Liaises with Customs in order to solve problems.
- Ensures the update of the technical documentation of the branch (D-Memorandums, Customs Notices, etc.)
- Maintains and develops his/her knowledge of the various pertinent laws and regulations.
- Identifies the training needs of the branch employees.
- Meets with clients in order to resolve their problems or to solicit new mandates.
- Prepares the schedules for the employees.
- Prepares the weekly absences reports and bank deposits.
- Five (5) years+ in a customs rating and supervisory or management position
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS)
- Freight attestation issued by CIFFA, an asset
- Knowledge and interpretation of customs regulations
- Desired skills: leadership, training and well organized; leads by example
Compensation: Excellent base salary and profitsharing/bonus and RRSP
Send us your resume: