Air Exports/Imports Coordinator – Dorval, QC – Remote now, hybrid later
Our client is experiencing strong growth in challenging times. New business brings up the need for professionally minded people to handle it successfully.
Our client has the capacity to offer customers one partner to solve their supply chain challenges worldwide. They have an excellent industry reputation.
The focus is Air Exports, then Air Imports
- Receive pre-advice notes
- Dispatch orders from client to assigned carriers
- Monitor and confirm arrival of airfreight shipments
- Pre-alert customer on upcoming shipments
- Coordinate with other departments/offices to respond to customer inquiries
- Set up new customer files in CRM system
- Arrange trucking and warehouse requirements
- Break down and distribute into files and calculate charges
- Issue releases to warehouse
- Invoice shipments according to client rates
- Close file, pass invoices to accounting
- Responsible for customer contacts, follow up contacts per telephone/Email
- Regular work with invoices, calculations of profit split and commissions, tracking and correcting mistakes in supplier invoices and following all quality and verification procedures
- Assure timely billing as per company policy
- Interact with international clients providing excellent customer service support
- Escalate issues to management level if required
- Respond to e-mail and telephone requests in a timely manner
- Contact shippers to gather required documentation and shipment info, check documentation, coordinate shipments with help of overseas offices, send pre-alerts
- Follow SOPs and ensure internal network complies with them
- Any additional task or activity as requested by management
- Post-secondary education; college diploma in related discipline an asset
- 1 to 3 years International Airfreight experience in freight forwarding.
- Knowledge of air and related trucking sector procedures and processes.
- Familiar with and well able to work within the import/export process
- Familiar with B13s, Letters of Credit and Embassy/Consular documentation
- Knows supplier conditions, deliver terms, Incoterms and purchasing conditions; knows risk and insurance terms
- Familiar with and able to work with the company’s quality and environmental policies
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsive, proactive and dedicated to full customer service
- Strong time management skills and ability to monitor & change priorities as required.
They have a great team that works well together, each helping the other achieve the company’s objectives. The company offers tuition reimbursement for industry related designations and prefers to promote from within.
Compensation: Excellent salary and company benefits package; accelerated salary review after 6-months service/probation.