Status: Willing to explore flexible work arrangements
Bring your knowledge and experience to a team committed to unravelling the complexity of customs and border management requirements. Participate in setting standards valued by the Canadian customs community.
From our client, The Canadian Society of Customs Brokers:
“You may already know us and our reputation for excellence in the field of Customs and border management – we are the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB) and we own the CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) and CTCS (Certified Trade Compliance Specialist) courses and designations that have become the industry standard in Canada. We are looking for a subject matter expert to contribute to the development of our education and professional development products and to join our advocacy and member services teams.
Our office is located in Ottawa, but we are all just emerging from the pandemic, so we are willing to explore flexible work arrangements.”
Our client is recognized across Canada and internationally for its reputation for excellence in delivering comprehensive and authoritative education on Customs and border management. The work of the Administrator, Knowledge Development & Member Services contributes directly to this through developing, updating and delivering education and professional development products including courses, webinars, podcasts, quizzes.
Do you enjoy the knowledge foundation of your work in Customs and border management? Do you have very good communication skills, especially writing skills? Are you comfortable in presenting information of particular interest to Members? Is it important for you to make a difference in what you do? You may be just the person we are looking for.
Join a team committed to quality, service and innovation. Apply state-of-the-art software to develop education products used and valued by Customs professionals across Canada. Identify and manage the most authoritative and timely information for companies and individuals who are essential to the movement of goods across borders.
- You hold a valid CCS designation, CTCS is an asset.
- You have a broad base of knowledge of current Customs legislation, regulatory procedures and OGD (Other Government Departments) requirements relating to the importation and exportation of goods.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and experience with MS programs, especially Word.
- You can express complex ideas in simple language.
- You have experience presenting information utilizing different media
- You are well-organized and able to prioritize while working well independently or with a team.
- You are self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- In all of your interactions with others you are knowledgeable, respectful and responsive.
- You want to be part of a dynamic and successful team responsible for developing and implementing educational products and programs.
Experience and Qualifications
- CCS designation is essential, CTCS is an asset
- 5-7 years + of customs brokerage industry experience in Canada
- A broad base of knowledge of customs legislation, terminology and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English; knowledge of French is an asset
- Prior training in or experience with delivering training or education programs is an asset
- Social media awareness and experience with webinars, podcasts and other media
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Compensation: A uniquely attractive salary and benefits package is available, with salary being negotiable, according to industry experience and qualifications.