Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a strong and well-established freight forwarder and customs broker in the industry. Position location is Dorval, in-office. They offer an excellent salary range, according to experience from 50K-75K
The future holds great potential, and our client wants to discuss yours.
Discretion is both assured and expected.
- To control and maintain all receivables for Canadian and US customers
- Review dispute and credit adjustments on a daily basis.
- Contact client for payment on overdue invoices via phone, e-mail or fax.
- Authorize shipment clearance based on client credit information and status.
- Review credit line and limit increases based on client needs and security requirements outlined by the company.
- Authorize credit holds and 3rd party collection based on client payment history.
- Billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Monitoring customer account details for non payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files, investigate and resolve customer queries, process adjustments
- Process vendor bills for payment by cross-referencing amounts and invoice numbers in the financial and transportation system.
- Work with invoicing, operations, pricing and carrier procurement to investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Request any further documentation needed and inform the vendors of the cards by attaching appropriate back up.
- Issue account debits as required.
- Generate ageing report and issue payments based on invoice due date.
- Ensure vendors are paid accurately and in a timely manner.
- Create and send remittance advice to vendors.
- Reconcile vendor statements and update the vendors on status of invoices.
- Process payments by electronic funds transfer, checks and wire
- Ensure all files pertaining to payables are up-to-date and scanned.
- Respond to internal and external payment queries in a timely manner.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- A proven track in sales development and team leadership at a senior level in freight forwarding in Canada
- Extensive experience selling to major customers a sophisticated variety of logistics solutions
- Keen market awareness and focused on developing new and profitable revenue streams
- Highly organized and self-motivated, and able to inspire performance in his/her people
- Excellent communicator; persuasive, dynamic and well-educated
- Fluently bilingual