Our client is a full-service logistics provider, operating globally. They are well-represented with a network of Canadian and US offices. They are seeking to hire an Accounting Supervisor, working with the Director of Accounting.
You have several years of experience within International Freight Forwarding in Canada and are familiar with the unique requirements of the Industry when it comes to Financial analysis and reporting requirements.
This position offers a significant career growth opportunity in a financially strong company.
- Assist in preparing all financial reporting and analysis
- Bank reconciliations, P&L, G/L, Auditor papers and analysis
- General Accounting functions; Month-end reconciliations (K84)
- Assist in overseeing the complete accounting cycle for import and export departments
- Business reporting, general ledger administration and forecasting.
- Auditing accounting files and performed general expenses management.
- Administer the payroll and tax remittances.
- FX Currency conversion
- AR collection from sending statements to bank receipts
- Preparing weekly A/R reports to H.O and local management
- Reviewing shipment reports to ensure prompt billing in multiple Canadian offices
- Reviewing shipment reports to ensure costs are adequately provided on job basis
- Monitoring and assisting in A/P payments, group offices accounts reconciliation
- Salesman commission reporting
- Assist Director in month-end closing
- Prefer 2nd– 3rd level CGA or 1st -2nd level CMA
- Must have strong knowledge of accounting in international freight forwarding
- Detail-conscious, Investigative, organized and collaborative approach
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Good knowledge of FX currency conversion
- All candidates are expected to speak Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) to be considered
Compensation: Excellent Salary, and Comprehensive Benefits package