Our client is a dynamic company with extensive service offerings in Freight, Logistics and Distribution services in Ontario.
You have 2-3 years of general accounting experience within International Freight Forwarding or 3PL in Canada and are familiar with the unique requirements of the Industry when it comes to Accounts Receivable/Payable
This position is located in Cambridge.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Daily Processing of incoming invoices and PODs, and electronic forwarding of billing to customers
- Perform all day to day accounting functions, including accounts receivable and payables
- Authority verification for carrier database
- Maintain files for all accounting and carrier profiles
- Collection calls
- Various other accounting and office admin-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
- Great Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Great Problem Solving, out of the box thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Effective time management skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to solve problems, while also able to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Accurate and timely data entry
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- A ‘can do’ team player able to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a small team
- Solid computer skills including specialized dispatch and transportation management software, and Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel and Word)
Compensation: Strong base salary and full benefits