Operations Manager – Freight Forwarding – Exports/Imports-Air/Ocean – Dorval, QC – Exclusive
Our client offers sophisticated logistics solutions, to anywhere in the world. Their success is built on their ability to provide dedicated services, extensive carrier connections, extreme flexibility and professionals dedicated to providing personalized, efficient and responsive service.
They are looking for an experienced Operations Manager with a well-rounded background in operations.
You have a minimum of 5 years in supervision or management in an
air/ocean international freight forwarder in Quebec. You are well connected with carriers, adept at leading a staff of imports and exports people, open in communicating and have a strong sense of teamwork to accomplish results.
Our client wants someone who is progressive minded and growth oriented.
Their focus is, exports, air and ocean; then, imports, air and ocean.
Prime Responsibilities: Operations and Client Satisfaction
• Managing the growth of the international freight forwarding services in QC
• Developing and achieving targets of growth in air and ocean services
• Market strategy and client cultivation coordination with senior management
• Hiring, Training and development of qualified freight forwarding staff
• Senior problem solver for customers to maintain excellent working relationships
• Senior liaison with carrier decision-makers and overseas partners
• 5-7 years of Canada-based international freight management or supervision;
Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Far East and other trade lane knowledge
• Extensive experience in export and import air and ocean freight
• Strong leadership abilities and proven skills in developing staff; a mentor,
teacher, trainer and developer
• Excellent industry reputation – well respected by carriers and customers
• Excellent forecasting and planning skills
• Possess vision, passion, drive, and the desire to continuously improve service
• Able to generate confidence with customers and staff
• Able to perceive profitable new business opportunities